Sunday, December 29, 2013

Step 1

Step 1: Create something that other people want.

Making something that you want is a great place to start, but your work must please, engage or be useful to other people. If you are having trouble connecting to your goals, take step back and assess your work objectively. What do you think other people see?
  • If your work seems to be invisible to others, go back to step 1.
  • If you can’t find anyone to buy what you are selling, go back to step 1.
  • If you are having trouble getting a job, go back to step 1.
This week I finally got to start working on whatever I wanted. No commissions or classes, just me making art for me. But where to start? The conclusion was to make something for a project that I know people are interested in while using inspiration from my surroundings.


Shelegiel, Angel of Snow is going to be part of my upcoming Codex Angelarium book as well as a piece of merch for my store.

No comments: